Zoom: Preparing Audio For Zoom Lessons
What you need for your Zoom Lessons.
1. You will need 2 devices. (First device for Zoom. Second device to play your music. )
2. Good internet connection.
3. Comfortable practice space where you can stand up. (not sitting in your car or sitting down too low)
2. (Optional) Tripod or stand to adjust height of laptop and cell phone for zoom.
3. (Optional) Resistance bands, boxing gloves, or 1-pound handheld weights. (These are optional, but can be fun to use during lessons as we will be discuss "Breathing 4 Singing" and "Singing From The Diaphragm".)
1. If needed, download 'Zoom Client for Meetings' from zoom.us, install it, open it
2. If you already have Zoom on your device, be sure to update it .You need to have the very latest update.
Singers) ZOOM SETTINGS FOR SINGING AND MUSIC ON A LAPTOP OR DESKTOP
1. Go to Settings (click on the green shield and check mark, then click on the gear icon).
2. Go to Audio settings
3. UNCHECK "Automatically adjust microphone volume"
4. Choose "Low" for Suppress background noise.
5. CHECK all boxes for "Music and Professional Audio" including 'Show in-meeting option to "Enable Original Sound"
6. DISABLE any “Suppress…” options
7. Go to Advanced options and Check or Set “ Echo Cancellation” to ‘Auto’
8. Once in the Zoom Meeting, click"Turn On Original Sound" in upper right hand corner
once you click it, it will display as “Original Sound: On”
That's it, you are now ready for our Virtual Voice Lesson or Showcase!
(Singers) OPTIMIZE ZOOM SETTINGS FOR MUSIC ON A PHONE OR TABLET
1. If needed, Download "Zoom Cloud Meetings" from your app store.
2. If you already have Zoom on your device, be sure to update it. You have to have the very latest update.
3. Open the Zoom app to the screen before you join a meeting.
4. Click on More (Settings/Gear Icon)
5. Click on Meetings
6. Scroll down about until you see "Use Original Sound". TURN THAT ON! (move the little switch to the RIGHT)
7. Log into your meeting and click the Settings icon to Turn Original Sound "ON"
8. Your device should be at eye level. You may need to place the device on a shelf or stool, or stack a couple board game boxes on a chair.
That's it, you are now ready for our Virtual Voice Lesson and/or Showcase